2023 IEEE PES GT&D, Istanbul kindly invites the submission of proposals for interactive panels related to the main themes of the conference. A total of 40 panels will be organized during the conference. Panels are projected to generate dynamic discussions to bring divergent points of view around significant, emergent, or controversial topics together as well as share new ideas, trends and innovations.
Format of Panels and Panel Proposals
Panel sessions are expected to be 90 minutes long, carried out by three to four speakers and a panel session chair/moderator, leaving enough room for engaging discussions with the audience. Panel topics should be related to the main theme of the conference – Futuring the Power Grid – and invite diverse perspectives and challenging viewpoints. Panel proposals should be submitted by the prospective panel organizer(s) / moderators who will play the role of panel session chair, formulate the panel flow, arrange the attendance and subject diversity of panelists, and communicate with the conference committees. Panel sessions should not be structured as a series of individual, stand-alone presentations, but rather should include different perspectives on thought-provoking topics that are presented in an engaging manner. Panels should not be used to present a commercial product, nor be limited to the views of one individual. The goal should be to involve and engage all panel participants and the audience. Different approaches including those that involve the audience more efficiently may also be proposed.
- October 10, 2022: Panel proposal submission deadline
- December 4, 2022: Notification of acceptance
Panel proposals should be submitted electronically and should include the following:
- Name(s) of Panel organizer(s);
- Email of main contact person;
- Brief bio(s) of Panel organizer;
- Potential panelists with their names, positions, affiliations, and expertise clearly listed;
- Brief description (1 page abstract);
- Related topics of individual panelists;
- Potential participants;
- Brief report on past editions of the panel, if any, including panelists, the number of attendees, and other relevant information.
Please download and fill out the provided form and upload it below when it’s ready.